Thank you for your interest in becoming part of our team at the Celebration Stem Cell Centre! Please see the job descriptions below and email us your resume. Be sure to mention in your email the position you are interested in.
Cellular Therapy Laboratory Processing Technologist
Employer: Celebration Stem Cell Centre
Location: Gilbert Arizona
Relocation covered: Not Specified
Base Pay: Based on Experience
Employment Type: Full Time
Industry: Healthcare – For Profit Organization
Manages Others: No
Job Type: Healthcare, Science, Quality Control
Req’d Experience: Minimum 2 years
Req’d Education: Medical Technology preferred or Bachelor Degree in Health
Science or Related Degree
Req’d Travel: No
The Celebration Stem Cell Centre is a private umbilical cord blood bank, public cord blood donation, genetic counseling and research facility. Our services include cord blood and adult stem cell processing and banking, genetic counseling, and bone marrow match testing. We offer competitive salaries and benefits and encourage professional growth and opportunity for our team members.
Responsible to perform and assist in coordination of all operational aspects of the cord blood manufacturing process. Perform all laboratory activities, to include high complexity testing and training, according to approved standard operating procedures and industry regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete initial and annual training as required.
- Maintain continuing education requirements as expected.
- Perform required tasks in accordance with approved policy, process and procedures.
- Responsible for performing sample processing, cryopreservation, and quality control procedures upon completion of training.
- Operate complex laboratory equipment for the sample processing, cryopreservation, and quality control procedures, including flow cytometer, hematoanalyzer, and controlled rate freezer.
- Perform tissue culture and colony forming unit assays.
- Process cord blood and related process and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of daily activity reports related to operations as required.
- Recognize unacceptable results and unexpected events encountered in all phases of cord blood processing.
- Perform process and procedure validation as assigned.
- Perform general lab cleaning and instrument maintenance as assigned.
- Maintain a close working relationship with management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, push/pull, reach with hands and arms and the ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to lift at least10 pounds
- Ability to hear alarms on equipments
- Ability to perform tasks repetitively while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment at least 75% of every 8 hour period worked
- Able to work weekends; holidays.
- Able to adapt quickly to an ever changing environment.
- Enthusiastic about working in a positive team atmosphere.
- Passionate about contributing to a work environment committed to quality.
Degree Qualifications: One of the following:
Ph.D. in the life sciences
The laboratory director will oversee all technical aspects of the laboratory which include all technical steps in the processing and cryopreservation of cell therapy products from various tissue sources.
Oversees all the day-to-day operations involved with the collection, processing , cryopreservation, storage and release of high quality cellular therapy products including umbilical cord blood, adipose tissue, adipose tissue stem cells, dental pulp stem cells and other cell therapy products and must ensure that these activities are compliant with the FDA, AABB, NMDP, HIPAA and other regulatory bodies.
Develop new processes and procedures when necessary.
Must have excellent critical thinking skills to be able to troubleshoot any issue with the processes and instrumentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all technical operations of the Laboratory
- Must be accessible 7 days a week either on-site or by phone to address any laboratory issues
- Has knowledge of cGTP and cGMP manufacturing
- Is very knowledgeable with respect to cellular therapy and regenerative medicine
- Processes samples as needed
- Maintain current knowledge of the science surrounding these products, cellular therapy, and the regulatory environment.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies including but not limited to FDA, AABB and the NMDP.
- Must ensure that the cellular therapy lab activities do not have the potential to adversely affect the safety, potency or purity of the product ensures donor and recipient safety and lab staff safety.
- Trains all new technical staff
- Selects and validates any new equipment for the Laboratory
- Continuing education in all areas related to the cellular therapy products generated in the facility.
- Ensures the facility is as technologically advanced as financially possible
- Reviews and approves and signs off on all technical processes and procedures in the laboratory.
- Reviews and approves and signs off on all Quality Control activities in the Laboratory.
- Document the review of all cell therapy products, equipment, consumables and testing.
- Approves all purchasing for the laboratory
- Orders all laboratory supplies and ensures that there is at least a month worth of lab supplies on-hand
- Determines donor eligibility
- Determines if the cellular therapy products meet acceptance criteria
- Releases cellular therapy products from quarantine
- Works closely with the Quality Department to ensure regulatory compliance
- Investigates all adverse events, errors and complaints and documents this investigation and determine the root cause.
- Periodically audits the staff during process to ensure compliance with SOPs.
- Designs validation experiments as necessary to validate new processes or procedures or changes to current processes and procedures.
- Analyzes proficiency testing data
- Reviews all SOPs and quality documents on an annual basis
- Approves any changes to the technical SOPs
- Communicates regularly with the Medical Director, notifying him of any problems or concerns
- Reviews contracts for new laboratory services
- Responsible for ensuring that all preventative maintenance is performed on all the equipment at the scheduled times
- Manage the technical staff.
- Provides technical guidance to the facility with respect to any technical questions or new services
- Must be articulate and be able to communicate both orally and in written documents
- Must be able to understand complex documentation.
- Must have training relevant to cell therapy, stem cells, cell culture, flow cytometry and cryogenics
- Provides scientific consulting services to CSCC customers, clients and patients
- Responds to any facility alarms 24 hours a day
- Other duties as assigned
Please contact Lorri @ 480-722-9963